User Interface (UI)
The Social Pinpoint Platform has a User Interface (UI) that consists of three primary components:
- Toolbar - provides access to key functions of the platform, as well as to the dashboard which houses various administrative tools.
- Dashboard - provides a suite of administrative functions for managing various aspects of the platform.
- Project Canvas - once edit mode is active it provides the user to create and design the page's content.
The toolbar is a powerful tool of SPP which enables users to access its key functions. Typically, functions located on the left side of the toolbar are relevant to the current page, while functions on the right side relate to the entire site.
The toolbar’s functions are:
- Edit - Toggles the page in and out of ‘Edit’ mode to enable content changes to be made. This function turns from ‘Edit’ to ‘Save’ when content changes have been made allowing the user to save, publish or discard their changes.
- Settings - Opens the Settings panel containing a number of settings for the page that can be managed by the user including page attributes, page templates, page versions, URL, SEO meta-data, and a ‘delete page’ action.
- Tools - Opens the Tools panel which contains a wide variety of content and participation tools that can be added to the page.
- Update - Adds a News Page associated to that project, that can be added to the Newsfeed tool on that or a different page of your site. This function only appears when a user is on a project page.
- Pages - Opens the Pages panel, where you can see and select from the available page types (project page, project sub-page, news page, etc.) to create new pages. You can also see a preview of the sitemap, including any ‘draft’ pages a user might be working on.
- Dashboard - Opens the Dashboard panel which provides a number of links to various functionality relating to management of projects, approvals of workflows, contribution moderation, management of files, access to reports and data and general settings for the site.
The ‘project canvas’ refers to the area located located below the toolbar and becomes activated when a page is put into ‘edit mode’. When active, ‘content areas’ appear on the page and are indicated by a thin green outline. These areas indicate where content or participation tools can be added.
The Dashboard is the administrative back-end of the platform, and
contains a number of functions relating to a site’s users, projects,
data and settings. The Dashboard panel can be accessed by selecting the
Dashboard function located at the far right side of the toolbar.
Here is the list of Dashboard's functions:
- Workflow* -
Links to the Workflow area which displays a list of approval workflows
comprised of proposed content changes submitted by content authors
(‘submitters’) to the nominated content approvers (‘approvers’).
Approvers can view the proposed changes in this area and approve and
reject them as required.
- Links to the Moderation area which displays a list of all moderation
activity on a site and allows users to action key moderation functions.
- Projects -
Links to Projects area which displays a list of all projects and
associated information and project settings. New projects can also be
created from this area..
- Reports - Links to the Reports area allowing users to view a range of reports and access feedback data.
- Links to the File Manager, from which you can find, upload, replace,
edit and see key information about your files (including images, PDFs,
documents and data files).
- Emails - Links to the email page, from which you can send out email campaigns and manage your subscription lists.
- Links to the Members area which displays a list of all users of a
site including all members and users. Users can also be managed from
- Sitemap -
Links to a page with a ‘sitemap view’ which shows a nested hierarchy of
all pages on the site and allows the reordering of pages. Draft pages
can also be accessed from this view.
- SPP Settings - Links to the settings page where a number of configurations can be made to SPP
*May not be available to all customers