The Visioner tool makes it easy for your community to participate with their ideas at the beginning stages of project, plan or strategy. It's an ideas generating tool that also encourages input on the ideas of others.
The Visioner tool enables participants to post short statements of up to 140 characters in response to a single prompting question. Statements are displayed as a visual wall of virtual ‘post-it’ notes, that can be viewed by other visitors, sorted and filtered, and optionally voted on.
The Visioner is a great tool to collect qualitative thoughts, ideas and issues in a concise format that is easy and fun to use.
When setting up the blocks you can choose whether to enable and define a list of categories, allow participant voting and choose how visitors filter submissions. You can also choose how the tool displays and even select different Visioner input tools to display results.
This means you can choose whether to display results or not and even choose to display results on a different page.
Viewing results and reports
You can access your results and view reports for a Visioner activity
by going to Dashboard --> Reports --> Results. Click the 'View
Results' link next to the relevant activity name to view the report.
Information in the report is filtered by the date range, which you can
adjust at the top-right of the report. Some reporting information
relating to categories and voting will only be shown if these
features were enabled in the activity.
To get further information about any reporting metric, hover over the
question mark at the top-right of the reporting component to view a
The 'Summary' section of the report provides the following information:
- Key statistics - shows a number of top-level metrics relating to the activity including:
- the number of contributions collected through the activity
- the number of unique contributors who made contributions
- the total number of votes cast in the activity
- the average number of votes cast per contribution, indicating the intensity of the voting activity.
- Sentiment - a bar chart showing the overall sentiment analysis of all posts in the
activity, classified as either 'positive', 'negative', 'neutral',
'mixed', or 'unclassified'. This information is determined by Site
Users by applying the text analysis tools.
- Tag word cloud
- a word cloud visualisation showing tag (theme) analysis of all post
content, with the size of each tag determined by the number of times the
tag was used. Tags used more frequently display at a larger size in
the word cloud than those used less frequently. This information is
determined by Site Users by applying the text analysis tools.
- Tag table
- a table showing the number of times (count) a tag was used in the tag
analysis and the percentage of times that tag was used as a proportion
of total tags.
- Voting - a chart showing the overall
results of the voting activity. The visualisation type will
depend on the voting method used in the activity (e.g. upvoting or upvoting/downvoting).
The summary report can be exported as a PDF by clicking the 'Export'
button at the top-right of the page. This will export the entire report
as a single PDF including the overall report and a report for each
'Overview' section of the report includes high-level meta-information
about your activity including information about whether participants
were registered members or anonymous, when the activity occurred, what
devices and browsers were used by participants and a breakdown of
selected demographic information (for member participants only).
This report is standard across all participation tools. More information can be found in the Reporting section.
The 'Data' section of the report includes the raw data collected through the activity, in a table view.
The data table for the Visioner includes the following information:
- Contribution ID - a unique identifier for the post
- Date submitted - the date the contribution was made
- Response - the text comment left in the contribution
- Upvotes - the number of upvotes a contribution received
- Downvotes - the number of downvotes a contribution received
- Total votes - the number of total upvotes and downvotes a contribution received.
Additional fields containing the personal information of the participant may also be appended to the data table.
from the data table can be exported by clicking the 'Export' button at
the top-right of the page. Data can be exported as either CSV or XLSX.
can be filtered on a number of attributes by clicking the 'Show
Filters' button at the top of the page and adjusting the values. Any
filters applied to the data table will persist in the data export.