On a multi-project subscription plan, The HiVE lets you create 'microsites' (semi-distinct websites within your main site) for each of your projects or engagements. These websites provide a digital space to communicate and engage with your audience on a particular topic, project, initiative, etc.
Visitors to your site can explore each of these project sites by browsing them from the homepage or by being sent their unique web address or URL. Sites are usually promoted by sharing links on traditional communication channels like newsletters or print-based collateral, or through digital advertising or social media.
Each project website is comprised of at least one main page, and can optionally have multiple sub-pages to provide further information. These pages contain your content and tools that collect feedback from participants.
There are a number of Page Types that can be assigned to determine the specific functionality of each page. The Page Type is either set manually by the site users or automatically when certain tools are used (e.g. the Forum tool will add a Forum Page).
Projects are managed from the Projects area of the Dashboard, where new projects can be launched and the settings of existing projects can be accessed. From this area, a project's title, description, image, status, type, URL, etc. can be adjusted.
When launching a new project, a Project Launch Wizard guides users through a stepped-process to setup a new project website and configure its. Once the setup process is complete, a new Project Page is automatically set up as a 'draft' page. This page acts as the main landing page for the project, and additional Project Sub-pages can be added to provide more detailed information about the project if required.
Once a new project is added to your site, a project card is created on the homepage of your site, presenting the project's title, description, and image as an attractive 'tile' that your visitors can use to navigate to each of your project pages.
Project cards are displayed within the Project List tool which groups project cards based on certain attributes such as their 'Status' (i.e. 'Open', 'Active', 'Closed).
The Projects interface of the Dashboard contains a list of all current projects on the site, including any draft projects that have been created but not yet been published. Projects are displayed in a table that shows the details of each project including their name, status, categories, launch date, etc.
These details can be searched, sorted and filtered by using the search tools at the top of the table to help you find specific projects your are looking for.
The Projects area of the Dashboard is access-controlled meaning General Users can only view projects they are specifically assigned to, Site Administrators can see all projects and Team Leads can see all projects associated with their team.
In most cases, only Site Administrators and Team Leads have permission to create new projects.
The settings you set for each project are used to perform a variety of functions and tasks. Project settings are configured when the project is first created, and can be edited any time after launch.
For example, the Status setting is used to determine where the project card appears on the home page to communicate wehther it is open for consultation or not. The Type setting can be set to 'Private' to make the project only visible to invited guests rather than any member of the public.
The project settings available in The HiVE are:
- Project name - Identifies the name for the project used in the System. The project name is also displayed in the project card and the project banner of the project page. The project name must be 70 characters or less.
- URL - Determines the web address for the project (e.g. yoursite.com/project-name) that helps visitors navigate to the page. The URL cannot contain any spaces or special characters.
- Description - Provides a description of the project which is displayed on the project card and in the project banner of the project page. The description must be 170 characters or less.
- Status - Sets what 'stage' a project is at and determines the position of its project card on the homepage or any other project list. The three statuses available are 'Open', 'Active' and 'Closed'
- Type - Determines whether a project is 'Public' and visible to any visitor, or 'Private' and can only be viewed by invited guests (Members).
- Category - Tags the project with the topics it relates to. It is used to help visitors find projects they are interested in and determine which Members will receive auto-notifications when the project is first published. An 'all' option will automatically selects all categories for the project.
- Locations - Tags the project with the geographical location it relates to. It is used to help visitors find projects they are interested in and determine which Members will receive auto-notifications when the project is first published. An 'all' option will automatically selects all locations for the project.
- Group - Associates a project with other related projects for reporting purposes.
- Team - Associates a project with a 'Team' value that corresponds to an internal business unit such as a department, agency, working group, etc.