The Follow button, located at the page banner, is a feature that allows community members to click it and subscribe to the project's updates.
purpose of this feature is to make it easy for community users to stay
up to date with your projects, by clicking on the follow button users
will receive notification or updates whenever there's a news page or
event page is published for that specific project.
Here is an example of a page that has 'Project Follow' enabled.
Enable Project Follow
There are two ways to enable project follow:
- When creating a new project, the site administrators can enable project follow under the "Details" section of the set up wizard.
2. At the toolbar of your project page, go to Settings > Details - Project Page > Look for 'Project Follow' and click the checkbox to enable/disable.
You can view your followers for a project via the:
- Dashboard > Emails > Lists
Any list type set to 'Project' is for followers/subscribers.
Community members would receive email notifications for the following:
- Following a project - when a community member follows a project.
- Unfollowing a project - when a community member unfollows a project.
- Project news updates - when a new 'news' page is created with the “Automated Email Notification” box is checked.
- Project event updates - when a new 'events' page is created with the “Automated Email Notification” box is checked.
📝NOTE: These emails are sent with a 3-hour delay before being sent out to your community members. Please see email templates to see examples of the types of emails.